I love tofu scramble – and I did NOT love scrambled eggs. So naturally, this recipe is not meant to emulate scrambled eggs (which is why I don’t include black salt for that sulphuric, eggy [gross] taste).
This tofu scramble is EASY, requires no sautéing, and is amazing the next day as leftovers (and even more amazing if you shove it into a wrap).
If you love breakfast, check out these other recipes! If you want to watch me make a Mother’s Day Brunch (including this tofu scramble) than watch this YouTube video. Enjoy!
Easy Tofu Scramble
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp onion flakes (I get mine from Bulk Barn – and they are my secret weapon in the kitchen!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Open the package of tofu, rinse it under cold water and then press it with a clean kitchen towel until most of the outer moisture is absorbed.
- Crumble the tofu in a mixing bowl (or just directly into your heated pan) and add in all the seasoning.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the scramble begins to brown.
- Serve with these breakfast potatoes, this green smoothie and avocado toast and enjoy!