Looking for the ultimate FRY-day night snack? This Big Mac Poutine is salty, savoury and delicious – but most importantly, it’s 100% vegan! If you decide to try this recipe, post a photo on Instagram and tag me so I can see your creations @thatcanadianvegan. Enjoy!
Big Mac Poutine
- 1 650g bag of frozen fries (I use these ones)
- ½ tsp seasoning salt (or regular salt)
- 1 bag of Gardein beefless ground (or any other ground substitute)
- 4 dill pickles
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat your oven and cook the fries according to package directions.
- While your fries cook, mix your vegan mayo, relish and ketchup together in a bowl. Let it sit in the fridge until you are ready to plate.
- When the fries are halfway done, flip them.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and add in 1 bag of Gardein beefless ground*
- While the Gardein beefless ground is cooking, dice up the dill pickles, white onion and lettuce. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup of vegan mayo with ½ cup of sweet relish and ½ cup of ketchup in a bowl. Set aside.
- When the fries are done cooking, take them out of the oven and season them with seasoning salt, then divide them onto 4 plates. Add a scoop of beefless ground, then top with the dill pickles, white onion, shredded lettuce and cheese. Drizzle the “Big Mac” sauce on top and serve immediately.