This popcorn is so dang delicious! Easy to make and perfect for your next movie night in. All you need to make this bomb Ranch popcorn at home is a large pot, coconut oil (or vegetable oil), some popcorn kernels and seasonings (all of which you can buy at Bulk Barn!)
Everytime I make popcorn at home, I’m amazed at a few things:
1. How freakin’ easy it is.
2. How delicious it is.
3. How much unnecessary CRAP they put into popcorn that you can buy at the store or the movies!
If you need a few Netflix recommendations to pair with this popcorn, I’d recommend Iliza Shlesinger’s comedy special Elder Millennial, literally any episode of Friends, or one of the Harry Potter movies!
If you try this popcorn recipe, post a photo to Instagram and tag me @thatcanadianvegan. I love seeing your creations!
Homemade Ranch Popcorn
This popcorn is so dang delicious! Easy to make and perfect for your next movie night in!
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels*
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Start by adding in all your seasonings (dill weed, parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, pink Himalayan sea salt and nutritional yeast) to a small blender (I use the small cup in my nutribullet) or a mortar and pestle. Either way, you want to crush the herbs so they become a powder-like consistency (especially the parsley flakes – they are usually quite large). Set your popcorn seasoning aside.
- Add 1.5 tbsp coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels to a large pot (with a lid**) on medium-high heat. When the oil is melted, the 3 kernels will pop. When they’ve popped, add in the remainder of your popcorn kernels, shake a few times and enjoy the soothing sound of popcorn!
- When the popping sound begins to slow down, take the popcorn off the heat, but keep the lid on. Shake a few more times.
- Add in your seasoning, put on the lid and shake a few more times. Make sure the seasoning is equally distributed on the popcorn.
- Transfer to a large bowl, throw on a movie, and enjoy! *I buy non-GMO popcorn kernels from the Sprouted Oven in Abbotsford, BC. **Make sure there is no water hiding in your pot or your lid. If it mixes with the super-hot coconut oil, you’ll have splatters of coconut oil everywhere (ouch!)