Looking for a super easy (but SUPER delicious) dessert to make for you and your love on Valentine’s Day? Try these super easy, delicious vegan chocolate covered strawberries.
Happy almost Love Day!
I’m a sucker for romance, love and all things Valentine’s Day. BUT, I am all about staying in on Valentine’s Day. I don’t want to go out (especially in this weather!) and pay for overpriced food and mediocre dessert, when I can make an especially delicious dinner. Plus, it’s way more romantic! This Valentine’s Day I’m making this delicious Oyster Mushroom Alfredo and these bomb strawberries.
Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Looking for a super easy (but SUPER delicious) dessert to make for you and your love on Valentine's Day? Try these super easy, delicious vegan chocolate covered strawberries.
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I like these accidentally vegan ones*)
- 1 lb (454 g) strawberries (one regular sized clamshell)
- Wash and dry your strawberries. You have to make sure all the strawberries are dry, or the chocolate won’t go on as smooth.
- Create a double boiler by placing a medium-sized pot on the stove and filling it with one inch of water. Place a small glass or metal bowl inside the pot. Make sure the bowl is nestled in properly so there is an inch or so of space between the bowl and the bottom of the pot.
- Add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to the bowl, and then turn the element on high heat.
- Let the chocolate chips melt from the steam of the water. This might take 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of your bowl.
- While the chocolate is melting, line a baking tray or cutting board with parchment paper so the chocolate doesn’t stick to it (this is pretty important – it makes for seamless chilling!)
- Stir the chocolate chips when they look like they’re starting to melt.
- Once all the chocolate chips are melted, remove the bowl so the chocolate stops melting.
- Hold the strawberry stems, place them in the melted chocolate, and swirl them around until they’re fully coated in chocolatey heaven!
- Let the strawberries chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Enjoy – and Happy Love Day! *You can use any vegan chocolate chips. Enjoy Life chocolate chips are great, but are sometimes much more expensive than the accidentally vegan ones. For all my local friends, the Western Family semi-sweet chocolate chips from Save On Foods are accidentally vegan, too!