Brussel sprouts are such an easy side dish to bring to any family dinner, and when you make them right – they are SO flavourful and delicious!
I had never tried brussel sprouts until I was vegan! Now, I love making them – they’re super quick to make and you can pack so much flavour into them. I almost always use frozen brussel sprouts – they are way more manageable, and I find that they aren’t as bitter as fresh brussel sprouts. If you’re using fresh brussel sprouts for this recipe, I’d recommend trimming the bottom of the sprout and composting any loose leaves, and you’ll have to double the cooking time.
15 Minute Brussel Sprouts
These brussel sprouts are packed with flavour and only take 15 minutes to cook! This is the perfect holiday side dish to bring to Christmas dinner!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 500g bag of frozen brussel sprouts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add in 1 500g bag of brussel sprouts.
- Season with 1/2 tsp garlic powder, pink himalayan salt and onion powder. Cover and let the brussel sprouts steam for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the brussel sprouts have thawed and begin to brown, add in 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir. Let the brussel sprouts continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Poke one brussel sprout to make sure it is cooked throughout. If it feels soft throughout, they’re finished! If not, cover for another 5 minutes.