This 3-Layer Vegan Brunch Bake is perfect for mornings where you don’t want to spend too much time cooking, but you want something filling and delicious (and maybe something that will cure a hangover). This recipe includes my three favourite vegan breakfast items: tofu scramble, hashbrowns & veggie sausage!
You can use any veggie sausage and frozen hashbrown that you like, but in this recipe I used Yves Veggie Breakfast Links and McCain’s Potato Patties.
3-Layer Brunch Bake
This 3-layer vegan brunch bake is perfect for hangovers, Boxing Day brunch or even breakfast-for-dinner during the holiday-break!
- 8 frozen hashbrown patties (I used these)
- 1 package of veggie sausages (I used these)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 375g package of extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt & papper (plus more to taste)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 1/4 cup vegan shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven according to the hashbrown packaging and place your frozen hashbrown patties on a lined baking tray. Bake according to package instructions. Keep the oven on 450°F after they’re finished baking.
- While the hashbrowns bake, slice the veggie sausages length-wise. Cook in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes, flipping halfway, or until both sides are brown. (Use cooking oil here if your pans tend to stick). 3. Open your package of tofu, rinse under cold water and press out most of the water using a clean kitchen towel. Crumble in a mixing bowl and add in 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and turmeric, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast and 2 tbsp of plant milk. Stir until it is well-combined.
- Cook the tofu scramble in a nonstick skillet with 1 tbsp coconut oil for 10-15 minutes, or until the tofu begins to brown.
- Your ingredients should be finished cooking around the same time. Place the hashbrowns in the bottom of an 8×8″ baking dish (there will be two layers of them). Layer on the sliced veggie sausage. Cover with the tofu scramble. Add 1/4 cup vegan shredded cheese to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has slightly melted.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then serve with your favourite condiments. We use ketchup, hot sauce and sliced avocado.