During December, one of my favourite things to do is watch cheesy Christmas movies at my house, with my tree turned on and a cozy holiday drink. It’s so relaxing and puts me right in the holiday spirit!
Before I went vegan, I don’t think I had ever actually tried egg-nog. The thought of it completely grossed me out. But, now that there are so many vegan options out there – I thought I’d try Almond Nog by Earth’s Own. It’s super delicious, spiced-to-perfection and it tastes like Christmas in a cup!
This recipe calls for a few additional ingredients to be mixed in with any vegan eggnog (I’ve also tried the Holiday Nog by So Delicious and it’s amazing too!) This recipe perfect for Christmas Eve while you’re relaxing with your families.
If you try this recipe, post a picture to instagram or your instragram story & tag me! I’d love to see all your holiday creations @thatcanadianvegan.
Yesterday’s holiday recipe: Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Candy Cane Dust!
This nog chocolate is the perfect combination of vegan eggnog and hot chocolate - perfect for Christmas Eve or any holiday parties!
- 1 cup of vegan eggnog (any brand, as long as you like the flavour!)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon Optional toppings:
- Coconut whip (I like this one)
- vegan marshmallows (I used Peppermint Dandies, but their regular flavour would be delicious too!)
- crushed candy canes
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Candy Cane Dust
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, add 1 cup of vegan eggnog and whisk in 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. Whisk constantly until the eggnog is warm throughout.
- Transfer to a mug and garnish with coconut whip, Chocolate Covered Pretzels, vegan marshmallows or crushed candy canes.