Welcome to DAY ONE of my Christmas series! I love Christmas, vegan recipes and cooking around the holidays so I decided to combine all three into a 25 day series on my website! Everyday I’ll be posting a vegan recipe that is perfect for the holidays.
Let’s get into this delicious, simple and 100% vegan crab dip recipe.
Growing up, everyone in my family used to make a crab dip recipe for basically any family dinner that we had, but it was especially popular around the holidays. The original recipe, of course, had a can of crab in it. But, I’m obviously changing things up for this recipe. Everything should be available at your standard grocery store, and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
If you like this recipe, you should try some of my other popular recipes:
Vegan Cheese Dip
Vegan Spinach Dip
5 Layer Vegan Nacho Dip
The Best Vegan Macaroni Salad
Vegan Crap Dip
This crab dip is the perfect recipe to bring to your holiday parties this year. It’s made with simple ingredients, completely free from animal products and only takes 10 minutes to complete!
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- ¼ cup of plant-milk (I always use cashew)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (approx. ½ of a lemon)
- ½ brick of tofu (the bricks that I buy are 350g, so you need 175g)
- 1 cup vegan mayo (I love Hellman’s vegan mayo)
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt & pepper (plus more, to taste)
- Add 1 cup of chickpeas, ¼ cup of plant milk and 2 tbsp of lemon juice to a high-speed blender (I use a Nutribullet) and blend until it’s well combined and there are no chunks of chickpeas left.
- Open your pack of tofu and rinse it under cold water. Cut it in half and store the other half in an airtight container. Press any excess moisture with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel, and crumble into a large mixing bowl. There should be no large chunks of tofu.
- Add the chickpea mixture to the mixing bowl with the crumbled tofu. Then, add in 1 cup of vegan mayo, ½ cup of ketchup, 1/3 cup of finely chopped white onion, 1 tsp of garlic and onion powder and ½ tsp of salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Stir all the ingredients until they’re well combined.
- If you are in a rush, you can serve the dip right away with Ritz (which are vegan – yay!) and cauliflower. Of course, you can serve with any veggies or crackers that you like, but these two are the perfect pair! I’d recommend making the dip the night before a party or potluck and letting it sit in the fridge overnight so all the flavours can combine. Enjoy!