When I was a teenager, I vividly remember my mom making this salad and bringing it to all of our family gatherings. She loved it because it was super easy and everyone always loved it. I loved it because it’s super crunchy and sweet. Last week, the temperature in Vancouver dropped, the sky went grey and I immediately went into full-blown fall mode. I want everything pumpkin spiced and fall inspired! At some point, this salad came into my mind and the sweet raisins and crunchy sunflower seeds sounded like the perfect fall salad (especially for someone who doesn’t love salads!). If you want to add more deliciousness to this salad, you could definitely add my Sweet & Smoky Chickpeas on top. Yum!
As always, if you decide to try this Broccoli Cauliflower Salad, post a photo on Instagram and tag me so I can see your creations @thatcanadianvegan. Or, comment below and tell me what you thought – I’d love to hear if you made any substitutions, too. Enjoy!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This salad is perfect for family gatherings and holidays, but also makes a perfect easy side dish for weeknight dinners!
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped fine)
- 2 cups cauliflower (chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup white or red onion (chopped fine)
- 1/4- 1/3 cup vegan mayo (to taste)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Finely chop the broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Add into a mixing bowl.
- In a small dish, mix the vegan mayo, vinegar and agave.
- Add the sauce into the veggies and stir well.
- When you’re ready to serve, add in sunflower seeds and raisins.