A few days ago, I was craving something quick and easy that felt like take-out food, but I didn’t feel like going to a restaurant to order something. So, I came up with this quick recipe and fell in love! It’s sweet, salty and garlic-y, and so delicious!
As always, if you decide to try this recipe, post a photo on Instagram and tag me so I can see your creations @thatcanadianvegan. Enjoy!
Sweet Garlic ‘Beef’
This vegan version of sweet garlic beef is perfect for nights where you’re craving takeout but want something home-cooked and easy!
- 1 bag of Gardein beefless crumble
- 1.5 cups of white rice (measured dry)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 3 tbsp of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or sub soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp minced garlic (approx. 2 garlic cloves)
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1 tsp white & black sesame seeds (optional – for topping)
- Cook your white rice according to package instructions. I use white minute rice for this recipe, so it only takes 5-10 minutes to cook.
- In a non-stick skillet, add in 1 bag of Gardein beefless crumbles. If your skillet tends to let food stick, add in ½ tbsp of cooking oil first. Stir the beefless crumbles until they’re no longer in clumps. Cover, and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small dish, mix 3 tbsp of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (you can sub soy sauce or tamari), 2 tbsp of water, 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 2 tsp of minced garlic. Stir, and then add the sauce to the beefless crumble after it has cooked for 10 minutes.
- Let the beefless crumble absorb the flavour and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the beefless crumble over rice and garnish with white sesame seeds and green onion. Enjoy!