I know I’m like 5 years behind on this whole “overnight oats” craze – but oh my goodness. I’m obsessed. I love throwing overnight oats in my car and having them right after I work out. They’re easy, so filling and there’s endless flavour options! I love this mango version because it’s creamy, sweet and so perfect for summer. It honestly tastes like dessert, and I’m so excited for you to try it!
Creamy Mango Overnight Oats
These overnight oats are easy to make and so delicious! They’re perfect for mornings on-the-go!
- 1/2 cup of oats*
- 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk (I use cashew)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango (you can use fresh if you have it!)
- In a mason jar (or any container that has an airtight seal) mash one banana until there are no big chunks.
- Add in 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk and stir everything until it’s well combined.
- Add in 1/2 cup of frozen mango on top (I usually chop mine up so it’s easier to eat, but this isn’t necessary).
- Let sit in the fridge overnight (or for at least 6 hours) and enjoy in the morning!
I eat my overnight oats cold, but you could warm them up for 1-2 minutes if you prefer warm oatmeal. If you’re eating on the go, just dig right in! If you’re eating at home or have a few spare minutes in the morning, you can add chopped nuts (I like walnuts) or seeds, and some fresh fruit (or more frozen mango). Yum!
*I use quick oats, but you could really use any type of oats you prefer, except for steel cut oats – they won’t soften enough.