These almond butter balls are my latest obsession. They take 15 minutes to make and are full of healthy, delicious (and vegan!) ingredients. My in-laws recently gifted me an amazing food processor for my birthday, and I’m so excited to start sharing more food processor recipes! I used the s-shaped blade in the food processor for this recipe.
Servings: 24 small balls
Time: 15 minutes
2 cups of quick oats
1/2 cup of almond butter (made with just almonds- no additives)
2 tbsp ground flax
2 tbsp hemp hearts (plus 2 tbsp more for coating)
16 dates (pitted)
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
Pinch of salt
1. Add all of the ingredients to the food processor.
2. Pulse for 2 minutes. The mix is ready when it’s still crumbly, but you should be able to form it into balls that don’t fall apart. If it’s too dry, add in 1 tbsp of water or melted coconut oil. You might have to do this if your almond butter isn’t extra-oily.
3. Spread 2 tbsp of hemp hearts on a plate to coat the balls (this is optional).
4. Scoop 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll into balls using your hands. Roll in the hemp hearts, and repeat.
5. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container. Add on top of smoothie bowls, or have as an afternoon snack with fresh fruit. Enjoy!
If you decide to try this recipe, post a photo on Instagram and tag me so I can see your creations @thatcanadianvegan. Enjoy!