With spring here, we’ve all started planning summer trips and family BBQ’s. This pasta salad is perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike and is the perfect dish to bring to a family gathering! It’s easy to prepare in advance and is full of fresh veggies and delicious herbs. If you decide to try this recipe, post a photo on Instagram and tag me so I can see your creations @thatcanadianvegan. Enjoy!
Vegan Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is the perfect side dish for any time of year, but especially during BBQ season! Pair with Beyond Burgers & Sausages and an ice cold cola, and you have yourself the perfect Friday night dinner!
- 1 1/2 cups of noodles (measured dry – I like these pretty bowtie noodles, but you could use any!)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 6 sprigs of baby dill (approximately 2 tbsp fresh or 2 tsp dried)
- 4 sprigs of Italian parsley (approximately 1 tbsp fresh or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Cook your noodles according to package directions.
- While your noodles cook, dice up your cucumber, bell pepper and celery, and shred your carrot. Finely chop your fresh herbs if you have them (I would highly recommend the fresh herbs instead of dry – they make the pasta even more delicious and fresh!)
- Rinse and drain your noodles in cold water. Add to a mixing bowl with your fresh veggies, herbs and vegan mayo. Mix well and add paprika and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled!